Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pre-paint check

A big hello to all!

Well, I haven't posted for what seems like ages now, but I can assure you I have very good reasons.
First, in May, I got married to the most wonderful woman in the universe. Then, in July we went in our honeymoon for 2 glorious weeks.
And now, in September I am planning what to do next on my car.

So, as you already know, I have decided to update the car, and change the color. I also made a poll for all of you, to help me decide what shade of Volvo blue should I choose as my next car color. This poll will end on the 1st of July next year.

But this project will not be just a paint and drive one. Oh, no... During this project I also intend on switching the front bumper and grill with the 2007 model, headlights again with 2007 ones, electric mirrors (this I haven't decide yet whether to go with 2005 model or 2007 model that has the side blinkers integrated), jewel tail lights, new V O L V O badge, rear bumper (again 2007 model) and the double exhaust system I've put off for so long.

I hope all this mods, with the new paint job will cut a few years off my car. Besides, the car really needs a few paint spots repaired because this year no less than 3 folks gave their best shot in destroying my car with the classic method of ramming theirs into mine. :))

After all this will be finished, I will start to look for ways to improve my engine performance.
Very soon I will write another post or two about 2 items I bought from Ebay which you will find in the Unboxing section of my blog.

Wish me luck. Also, If you happen to know someone who is interested in selling the parts I described above, new or used condition, do let me know.


8 comments:

  1. You make me blush! I know all ur wishes will come true!! Xo love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you baby! I know that too! Love you too!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on getting married! So what colors do you have in mind for a new paint? I commend your diligence and enthusiasm when it comes to keeping your car in top shape. I can't wait until your next project. Thanks for sharing and good luck! :)

    Todd Valiente @ Guanella Auto Body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Todd! Thank you for your comment! Right now, I am still waiting to see what people say about the colors that I have in mind. It will remain blue, because it's very hard in Romania to legally change the color; plus I would like a lighter shade of blue because I think it will go very well with the upgraded car. I want the change the type of blue with another Volvo original blue. If you have time to help me choose, please vote here: http://mys60project.blogspot.ro/p/miscellaneous.html , if you haven't already.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Trying to bring back the old glory of your car can be a tough job to pull off, especially when it's been into accidents before though minor. But I think you're doing just fine in restoring your beloved Volvo S60. You can definitely include a few more modifications to increase its performance. Just make sure that they will complement the other parts of your car, or they'll end up suffering to accommodate the new addition. I don't think this part is much of a worry though since I can see that you're well-versed with cars. Enjoy modifying your precious car! By the way, congratulations on getting married!
    Tom @ European Auto Body

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom for your comments! I will include some engine mods after the paint and body restore. The accidents were quite minor, only the paint has suffered. I'll sure check out your website for some parts, maybe we'll do businesses one day:

      Delete
  4. It’s a bit late, but congratulations on your wedding! I hope you’re enjoying the married life. As for the car, I voted for the Sonic Blue Pearl. While Rebel Blue looks good too, it’s a bit too light for my taste. But that’s just me. Good luck with your upcoming car project!

    Mickey Doshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mickey for your kind wishes and also for the vote. I'm starting to lean towards Sonic Blue myself. Actually in my mind it's a tie between Sonic and Power.

      Delete