Monday, April 1, 2013

Volvo S60 chrome dial rings assembly

A few days ago I wrote a post about a recent purchase of mine namely some chrome dial rings (here's the link). Now it's time to tell you about the installation process.
It all started with disassembling the instrument panel. You can go to the entire process by following this link. Afterwards I placed one ring at a time to the desired place, and using a pencil, I bended the protruding edge.

 pressing down on the protruding edge using a pen (it's a pretty hard work I might add, the metal is quite hard)
That was the first ring. I started with the smaller ones because I find smaller things to be the most difficult. After that, I started work on the other small ring. And at the end I finished with the 2 large ones, the ones that surround the odometer and the rpm meter. Here's the finished process. All 4 rings locked in place.
and the final look.
All in all, it's a simple job that requires but some strong and steady hands. After that, it was a simple job of putting all back together. You can already see the aesthetic improvement.
first I connected the electronics part to the front fascia part 
 and a close-up
 another close-up
 and finally, the lens was placed back where it belongs.
I'm sorry to confess that the pen didn't make it. It's tip was obliterated by the chrome rings. However, his sacrifice will never be forgotten.

That's it! Stay safe all! Don't forget to comment my work or write any other idea that you may have in the comment section below. Also, if you find my post useful, please share.



5 comments: